Relationships take work. Even if we know this, we are often taken aback when we find ourselves in the same repetitive argument with our loved one, and despair of there ever being a resolution. When conflict hits, and it will, we might find ourselves wondering about our choice of partner, or how we might move forward. Couples Counseling can help.
- Have repetitive arguments
- Don't feel connected with your partner
- Are facing big life decisions together
- Feel a lack of emotional or physical intimacy
- Have been through a crisis that has rocked your world
- Still feel pain around old hurts that you can't get past
Couples counseling can help you to:
- Improve your communication
- Better understand the things that are important to you and your partner
- Discuss difficult topics with more presence and calm
- Manage ongoing disagreements
- Increase emotional and physical intimacy
- Tackle, discern, and negotiate big life decisions together
Sarah Harkness, MA, RDT, LMFT is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #88566 and Registered Drama Therapist #631 with a private practice in San Mateo. She has worked with people from all walks of life regarding relationship concerns, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, religious trauma, taming the inner critic, and life transitions.